The Atlas Skid Plate Kit Includes:
SKU A1013- 1 Atlas Aluminum Skid Plate.
SKU A2001- 1 Atlas Hardware Kit, containing:
2 Atlas Blue, Steel Side Brackets.
1 MK4 Rivet Nut Installation Tool.
1 Atlas Bolt Kit
1998-2010 New Beetle (All engines except 2.5L)
1999.5-2006 Golf (All engines)
1999.5-2005 Jetta (All engines)
1999.5-2006 Jetta Wagon (All engines)
2004 Golf R32
All 2.0 City Golf & Jettas (Canada)
Installed Perfectly On A 2005 Beetle GLS Convertible
Check Out The Install Video At The Bottom Of The Page
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY EVOLUTION'S ATLAS ALUMINUM SKID PLATE!
Volkswagen's oil pans are made of a paper-thin cast aluminum that is easily cracked by many objects such as road debris, manhole covers and speed bumps. While your car may be at stock height, there is only approximately 4 inches of ground clearance with your oil pan. If you are lowered from stock height, there is very little room for error when negotiating an object in your path. Here is some information on this Evolution Aluminum Skid Plate for those of you that haven't seen it before.
- The plate is 5052 grade aluminum and is 4.8mm (.191 inches) thick.
- Two Strengthening Ribs have been pressed into the plate thus doubling the strength of the skid plate.
- Protects your cars oil pan, a/c pump, radiator, transmission and plastic side skirts.
- 98% cut oil hole for TDI's, you finish the cuts and can order the bolt on cover here: Hex Oil Cover
- Bolts to the frame with 6 steel rivet-nuts.
- Never rusts.
- Weighs 17 pounds (21.3 including hardware).
- Maximum amount of ground clearance possible provided.
- One hour install.
- The most user friendly rivet-nut installation tool comes with every kit.
- Easy one minute modification to your plastic side skirts.
- Our kit comes with two 10 gauge powder coated steel front mounting brackets.
- The skid plate also acts as a stress bar at the rear for improved handling and has open slot holes at the back for easy installation.
- Comes with two insulating washers to act as a barrier preventing electrolysis.
- Shipped to your door step in a box as a complete kit. No other attachments need to be purchased.
- Draft/Design by: EVOLUTION IMPORT INC.
- CNC Machine Manufactured.
A detailed easy to follow, step by step guide is only located on our
website and not included in the kit. The Install Guide for your kit is: Atlas Install Guide
Note: There could be surface scratches on the skid plate during manufacturing, handling or shipping which won't compromise the usefulness of the product. Please note that we won't warranty a skid plate for surface scratches as the skid plate is going to get scratched immediately after installation.
This skid plate will need to be removed in order to gain access to the oil filter and drain plug. Removal of the skid plate for oil changes is very quick and easy taking 1-2 minutes. Only the bottom four 10mm bolts need to be removed and the skid plate drops right down and off of your VW. For TDI diesels you can finish the cuts in the skid plate for the Hex Oil Hole and purchase the oil cover separately to seal up the hole. The best tool to finish the cuts is with a Jigsaw however if you don't own one this tool is cheap and works perfect: Keyhole Saw
If you would like to know how much shipping will cost simply add the items you would like to purchase to your cart. Then click "View Cart" and enter your shipping information and click "Get Shipping Options" when done. This is the quickest way to quote you on shipping costs. Please use this method before emailing us as it can take up to two days for us to respond to the email.
How To Install The Rivet Nuts
How To Install The Rivet Nuts