The Thor A4 Skid Plate Kit Includes:
SKU A1007- 1 Thor Aluminum Skid Plate.
SKU A2006- 1 Thor Audi A4 Hardware Kit, containing:
2 Aluminum Thor Side Wings.
1 Thor Rivet Nut Installation Tool.
1 Thor Audi A4 Bolt Kit
1996-2001 Audi A4, Sedan, Avant & Wagon (B5 Platform)
1998-2002 Audi S4, Sedan, Avant & Wagon (B5 Platform)
2002-2008 Audi A4, S4, Sedan, Avant & Wagon (B6 & B7 Platform)
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY EVOLUTION'S THOR AUDI A4 ALUMINUM SKID PLATE!
Audi's oil pans are made of a paper-thin cast aluminum that is easily cracked by many objects such as road debris, manhole covers and speed bumps. While your car may be at stock height, there is only approximately 4 inches of ground clearance with your oil pan. If you are lowered from stock height, there is very little room for error when negotiating an object in your path. Here is some information on this Evolution Aluminum Skid Plate for those of you that haven't seen it before.
- The plate is 5052 grade aluminum and is 4.8mm (.191 inches) thick.
- Weighs 16.7 pounds
- Protects your cars oil pan, a/c pump, radiator & transmission (does not cover the transmission fully).
- Bolts to you vehicle with 3 structural mounts and up to two additional plastic mounts.
- 45 to 60 minute install.
- Once the plate is installed it is only 4-5 bolts that need to be removed for your oil change(1-2minutes).
- Fits all engines and transmissions. A4, S4 V8 engine owners must read the info at the bottom of the page.
- Fits perfect with the Hotchkis Front Sway Bar.
- Never rusts.
- Maximum amount of ground clearance possible provided.
- Air duct to allow air flow onto the transmission.
- Specially designed so you won't have to worry about air forcing your plastic tire well lining back and into your tires.
- Designed, tested and proven by EVOLUTION IMPORT INC.
- Shipped to your door step in a box as a complete kit. No other attachments need to be purchased.
- Draft/Design by: EVOLUTION IMPORT INC.
- CNC Machine Manufactured.
A detailed easy to follow, step by step guide is only located on our
website and not included in the kit. The Install Guide for your kit is: Thor Audi A4 Install Guide
Note: This skid plate does fit the S4 with V8 engine with manual transmission only by adding the spacer kit to the front. This kit does not fit the V8 with auto transmission. All Audi A4/S4 with the V8 engine will require spacers at the front and back of the plate. Two at the front and two at the back. Here is a link to the pack of aluminum spacers: Spacer Kit
Note: There could be surface scratches on the skid plate during
manufacturing, handling or shipping which won't compromise the
usefulness of the product. Please note that we won't warranty a skid
plate for surface scratches as the skid plate is going to get scratched
immediately after installation.
With the Thor skid plate we do not offer an oil drain hole option. If we were to put one on the skid plate, the hole would be located right on the ramped section of the skid plate. This would be bad as the hole could easily catch an object on the road causing a major hazard for you and other vehicles on the road. So the skid plate will need to be removed in order to gain access to the oil filter and drain plug. However if you want to put your own access holes into the skid plate, it is at your own risk. We have added two 1/2 inch sight holes so you can locate your oil plug for proper alignment while you cut your own oil drain hole. Removal of the skid plate for oil changes is very quick and easy, taking 1-2 minutes. Only the bottom four or five bolts need to be removed and the skid plate drops right down and off of your Audi. The aluminum side wings don't need to be unbolted from the skid plate.
If you would like to know how much shipping will cost simply add the items you would like to purchase to your cart. Then click "View Cart" and enter your shipping information and click "Get Shipping Options"
when done. This is the quickest way to quote you on shipping costs.
Please use this method before emailing us as it can take up to two days
for us to respond to the email.
How To Install The Rivet Nuts